Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

'Memory of A Child'

MEMORY OF A CHILD

Bring me a child so I can see her face

her eyes so bright and full of grace.

My arms reach out to feel her embrace,

bringing back memories of my daughter so dear,

whom I've out lived for many a year.

My dreams are of her, I can see her face,

the memory of her; age can never erase.

Though I grow feeble and dwindle away,

the light of my life in my heart she will stay.

I see her standing at the foot of my bed,

bathed in a white light shimmering away.

She smiles at me and holds out her hand,

I leave my body engulfed in the light;

such joy I feel I'm in heaven tonight.

I bid you farewell old friends of mine,

I'll see you soon when it is your time.

Such peace I feel, fear death no more.

I'll see you in heaven with no pain,

and hold you in my arms once again.


Written by: Tamara Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment