Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A GENTLE REQUEST

A GENTLE REQUEST

Touch me gently for my skin is thin,
My bones are fragile, they'd never mend.
My mind may wander from time to time.
I cry for forgiveness for words said wrong.

My old body still holds my spirit within,
Calling for freedom to just begin.
So as my life force ebbs away, my prayers are
That you lift my spirits from day to day.

A smile and a hug from time to time,
Just a moment's attention lets me feel life all over again.
As you care for me you think it will never end.
I'm sorry my dear on you I depend.

You feel my fear, my longing to leave is just as severe.
For the comfort you share will be there for you when
You're in my chair.
When I take my last breath I leave you with love.

I know your gentle care will come full circle from Heaven above.

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, I love this poem I guess that is why I chose to post it. Your words are the words of a true poet. LOL, BDC

    ReplyDelete